This is the most bizarre news story you’ll hear today. Nearly a dozen “Survivalists” trekked into the Oregon rainforest to participate in an instructional camp this past weekend. They weren’t learning tips on how to survive a flu pandemic or nuclear winter. No. Participants learned how to survive in the wild and make it through a zombie invasion. Zombies, so hot right now. The “Zombie First Responder” course held March 11, 2012 in Sandy, Oregon was an intensive 2-day curriculum that trained participants in everything from wilderness and urban survival, nerf or nerd weaponry, stealth and evasion, and proper zombie “disposal”. Who even thinks this stuff up? Luckily for us someone at the camp had a camera and documented the whole thing.
Participants at a “Zombie First Responder” class learn the proper method to throw a hatchet
A painted cantaloupe serves as a target on a hatchet throwing range.
This guy thinks he’s a zombie.
Students learn how to make it through a zombie invasion and what weapons are most likely to come in handy.
Participants learn to walk through a forest without shoes to maximise stealthiness.
Jocelyn Moore (right) uses a toy gun to attack a zombie in Sandy, Oregon as part of a two-day intensive course.
Stephen Drumond hides under some ferns as he participates in a “Zombie First Responder” class March 11, 2012 in Sandy, Oregon.
Two women learn how to sword fight.
Instructor Jamey Espinoza (L) teaches archery to participants.
Kelsey Reed is doused with flour as her zombie make up is applied as part of a Zombie First Responder class.
Participants at a “Zombie First Responder” class learn to walk through a forest with out shoes to maximize stealthiness
Participentrs use toy guns to attack a zombie.
Two women learn how to sword fight so that they know how to take on a zombie in a duel if and when the time comes
FIVE TIPS FOR SURVIVING A ZOMBIE INVASION
1. Stealth is crucial – hiding and attacking with a bow and arrow from vantage points can be more effective than facing zombies head on
2. Choose the right weapons – samurai swords and hatchets are useful, but it’s important to learn how to use the arms correctly
3. Consider camouflage – blending into your surroundings can vastly reduce your chance of detection by zombies. Disguising yourself as a zombie is also a pretty crafty technique
4. Awareness is everything – learn why zombies ate other campers and how to avoid their fate
5. Consider the alternatives – becoming a zombie yourself may not be such a bad option after all
From The Web