Lisa Cohen, GQ’s in-house suiting expert
Groom is in the Heart
The Unstuffy, Unfussy Guide to Going Formal
This Tux Is $360 (And You Still Want to Rent?)
Your Can’t-Miss Tux Checklist
1. This ain’t your poppa’s fusty old tux. You want it tailored as meticulously slim as your favorite suits.
2. Go for either a tux shirt that doesn’t require jewelry or a semispread-collar dress shirt with French cuffs.
3. Yeah, clip-on bow ties are cool again. But as of today, you’re a grown-ass man, and you should be able to tie your own.
4. It might sound nitpicky, but to keep everything in proportion, your boutonniere should be as small as your lapels are slim. (Yes, really.)
5. Echo that crisp white shirt with a crisp white pocket square.