Don’t ever get suckered into one of those $10 car wash locations ever again. The products are terrible and all the minimum wage employees care about is getting cars in and out as fast as possible to collect tips. Not a good look for a guy trying to keep his paint job pristine.
The best way to maintain your car is by doing it yourself. There is more to maintaining a car then just giving it a quick soap scrub and a rinse. It’s an art form. If you take prode in your car and want to keep it’s resale value high this is a must watch video.
A few quick tips that we learned
- Do not use sponges or towels to clean your car, the dirt doesn’t soak into either so all your really doing is giving your car swirl marks from the microscopic rocks and dirt grinding against your paint job.
- The soap you used to clean your tires should never be used to clean your car. Brake dust is like sandpaper.
- Do not wash your car in direct sunlight, this is the fastest way to get water spots.
- Rinse your wash mit after every couple strokes and be mindful of how your dry your car.
- Use a water based wheel gel so it doesn’t dry out your tire.
From The Web