Feel like having Tostadas tonight? Yeah you do! These “Chipotle Beef Tostadas” from FoodNetwork.com taste like a million bucks and are pretty hard to screw up. All you have to do is fill crunchy taco shells with sautéed beef, beans and vegetables, then top with cool coleslaw and cheddar cheese. Boom!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 large white onion, minced
- Kosher salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 1 10-ounce can Mexican-style diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow squash, diced
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 tostadas (flat crisp tortillas) or taco shells
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, half of the minced onion, 1 teaspoon salt and the chipotle chile powder; cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is browned and the onion is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is just tender, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the coleslaw mix, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Divide the tostadas among plates and spoon the beef mixture on top. Top with the cheese, slaw and the remaining minced onion. Serve with lime wedges.
Per serving: Calories 805; Fat 54 g (Saturated 19 g); Cholesterol 115 mg; Sodium 1,297 mg; Carbohydrate 47 g; Fiber 11 g; Protein 35 g
From The Web