Sriracha is the miracle food and people are legit addicted to it. You can put it in your beer, on your Hot Dogs and even make it at home. But now today you’ll learn how to make Sriracha Chicken Nuggets. It’s only a matter of time until someone opens a food truck in NYC dedicated only to Sriracha.
Sriracha Chicken Nuggets
- 1/3 cup sriracha
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into large chunks
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1) In a bowl combine sriracha, rice vinegar and ginger. Stir in chicken pieces and coat completely. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
2) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and spray lightly with non-stick spray. Be sure to do this as I forgot and the nuggets stuck to the rack.
3) In one bowl beat an egg. In another bowl combine panko, kosher salt and garlic powder.
4) Remove chicken from marinade, dip into egg and then dredge into bread crumbs. Place breaded chicken on prepared cooling rack. Repeat process until all chicken is coated. (I actually added the eggs to my marinaded chicken and dipped into the panko breading mix, it was a timesaver that I would definitely do again.)
5) Once all chicken is breaded, drizzle the olive oil over the top and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil for 3 minutes, the bread crumbs will brown slightly. Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly. Serve.
From The Web