Josh Bowman is a professional fundraiser, story-teller, comedian, and blogger. After reading idatedthatdouche.com he was inspired to compile 10 Things I Wish I Could Tell My 23 Year-Old Self.
1. Being hurt by a woman (or by multiple women) doesn’t give me the right to pay that hurt forward in future relationships. It is hard to keep being vulnerable, but you have to. There are good people out there who want to love you, warts and all.
2. Enjoy now. Appreciate what you have. Stop running.
3. Talk to your family. They want to help you. Really. Open up and trust them.
4. Start playing basketball. It’s fun, and you will be thankful for those years of practice in a few years. Actually, can I just tell my 10 year old self to keep it up through high school?
5. Dressing like a hippy is cute for a while…but please: buy clothes that fit!
6. Don’t get into debt. Never get to a place where you are relying on credit. Get your finances together early and avoid heartache later on.
7. If you can, buy property in the city.
8. Don’t worry about social obligation. Don’t worry about status, or impressing people.
9. Your metabolism will slow down soon. Eat better. Exercise. Start biking.
10. Take a moment to appreciate the people in your life right now. Your life may change drastically, and you may lose contact with many of those people.
Image Source: ShutterStock
Content We Think You'll Like