If you’re looking for a little inspiration for the New Year check out this amazing list. These resolutions aren’t just for entrepreneurs. Take a crack at all 25, or pick just one, either way 365 days from now you’ll be a better person.
- Wake up early. Do something you love.- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Be positive and keep a positive attitude. Just try to stay focused on the positive and be optimistic about what the future has in store for you.
- Exercise. Get in shape.
- Simplify. Minimize the material distractions of your life so you have more time to focus on what you really value.
- Turn off the TV. And the computer. And your cell phone. Disconnect from the imaginary world of pixels and binary. Disconnect and reconnect.
- Surround Yourself with Successful People. You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.
- Don’t procrastinate. You’ll never know if there is a tomorrow. Get it done now!
- Expose yourself daily to visual pictures of your goals. Every night before you sleep, take a look at pictures of your goals seeing these dreams already being achieved in your mind.
- Achieve your goals by keeping your mouth shut. Psychology tests have proven that when you tell someone your goal, and they acknowledge it, you are less likely to do the work to realize that goal.
- Smile to improve your mood. Try this the next time you are in a bad mood: Instead of frowning, which reinforces a negative mood, consider smiling. Research has shown that by doing so, you are likely to experience a more positive mood.
- Be Worldly. The successful man makes the effort to know what’s happening in the world around him. He has informed opinions about current events and can engage intelligent people in friendly discussions.
- Know About Life’s Finer Things. Your knowledge of the finer things shows class and culture. It shows that you can be a peer among statesmen and business leaders. I recommend that you familiarize yourself with food, wine, cigars, art, and literature.
- Have good manners. People do notice these little things and will give you the props you deserve.
- Make public speeches. A good speaker is rare, and therefore always admired for his confidence and ease.
- Keep a network of contacts. The more people you know, the more good opportunities will present themselves.
- Travel. This is about broadening your horizons by going someplace different. When you travel, it shows that you’re curious about the world and that you want to soak in other cultures.
- Dress well. Here are the basics: Dress sharply in contemporary styles. Groom yourself well and have a clean shave. Smell nice, but not too strong.
- Reality spin. When habitually put a negative emotional spin on objective facts, it’s like piling weights on your shoulder before a footrace. By contrast, if you put a positive emotion spin on those same facts, you’ll be freer to see opportunities and possibilities that others might miss.
- Get your priorities right. Its all about making intelligent choices, deciding what goals to pursue in which order, which takes vision and foresight.
- Use your resources wisely. While shopping, think: Do I need this piece of merchandise? Is the price right? Is this merchandise the best use of my money?
- Examine life, engage life with vengeance; always search for new pleasures and new destines to reach with your mind.
- Worry only about the things that are in your control. The things that can be influenced and changed by your actions, not about the things that are beyond your capacity to direct or alter.
- Be a responsible human being. Approach yourself with honesty and thoroughness; maintain a kind of spiritual hygiene; stop the blame-shifting for your errors and shortcomings.
- Go for it. There will never be a better time in your life to live your dream of entrepreneurship. Swing for the fences with a goal to add your name to the prestigious list above. If you fail, it will have been one of the best learning experiences of your life.
- Dream big, act bigger. Your dreams are yours to make a reality, and not for others to live, so why allow anyone to ever stop you from anything you believe you can do? Your dreams are only as good as the actions you are going to take to make them a reality. Remember to dream big no matter what others have to say or believe, and ensure you work each and every day to live the life you want, not the one you have to.
From The Web