The U.S. Women’s National Team demolished Mexico 7-0 in a friendly match Tuesday evening but the real story is U.S. forward Sydney Leroux (@SydneyLeroux) who stepped up as the star of the game with four goals. Beyond her talents on the field, the internet is burning up with talk of her good looks and rumors of a high profile relationship with an NFL star. Get to know the talented future of U.S. women’s soccer and check out some of her best photos.
- She has been rumored to be dating San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick since August 2013
- Made her professional soccer debut at 15 years old and attended UCLA
- She was the number one pick of the 2012 Women’s Professional Soccer league draft
- Sydney Leroux appeared in the 2013 ESPN The Bodies Issue
- She was born in Canada but her Dad is American so she can play for the U.S.
- Her parents were great athletes, her Mom played softball for the Canadian National Team and her Dad pitched for the California Angels.
- Sydney played baseball for Whalley Little League from 1994–2004
- She was the youngest member of the women’s Olympic team in 2012