Harry Potter Week at RSVLTS is officially underway and flying high!
In the past, we've heard your frustrations about product availability, fast sell-outs, app glitches, the secondary market, and more. Believe us, we're working diligently on all of these aspects, trying to fix any issues as fast as possible so the buying experience can be super easy.
As we continue to grow and evolve, and because Harry Potter is such a massive and beloved property, we're going to spice things up by revisiting the pre-order method that was so well received when we tried it for Disney Villains and Marvel.
Our goal is to make sure everyone can get their favorite Harry Potter shirt. With that said, we're going to continue our pre-order experiment which opens during launch and continues 48 hours after the launch.
In the interest of being as transparent as possible, we're going break down everything a bit further below so you can get a grasp of what we're trying to accomplish, how it will all happen, and all that good stuff.
Note: it takes some work to connect all of the mechanisms of the pre-order process, so we can't do it for every launch right away. However, this could be a natural next step for RSVLTS down the line.
Here's how it's going down:
When the product collections go live today (3:55 PM ET as all the Insiders have come to learn; there's sometimes a cache lag, cuz technology... working on it), we'll have a lot more inventory than usual. If we sell through the initial batch (unlikely because we planned ahead but could always happen), a second pre-order product will go live on the Harry Potter collection page. These items will be available for 48 hours and will ship in 8-12 weeks (hopefully much sooner than that, but we want to bake in extra time to manage expectations).
So, why are we trying this today? Glad you asked...
• To provide more shirt options! Included in this week's drop will be our standard KUNUFLEX™ cuts and select products will have Women's KUNUFLEX™ cuts.
• A better experience in the future! Pre-ordering our most popular licenses could open the door to future pre-order options, hopefully giving everyone a stress-free way to get the styles they want.
• Yes, stress free! Doing this pre-order will allow you to lock in your RSVLTS shirt without having to worry.
• You don't know until you try! Pre-order will allow us to test this idea and figure out how to speed up the logistics of future pre-orders. in the future we believe we will be able to get the preorder window down to 3-4 weeks.
What are some concerns that we've considered?
• 8-12 weeks could be a long time. As Tom Petty famously said, "The waiting is the hardest part." We know this timeframe will affect some, but at least the option to lock in Marvel will be possible.
• Sometimes the messaging is lost. People are so excited to order they don't realize it's a pre-order, no matter how many buttons and underlined words we put on the page. We're trying to be transparent in advance. This is why we're doing it on a totally separate product, not rolling it over on the original product like in the past.
• Shipping sometimes sucks. While unlikely, logistical delays may push our expected delivery time. However, we feel very confident in the projected date.
• This is just a test! This process takes a ton of work. Pre-orders are highly manual from our end, with many moving parts and a fair amount of risk. We're running this test to find out if we want to move forward with this process and how to make it better each time. Since day one at RSVLTS, we've dedicated ourselves to one simple motto: DARE MIGHTY THINGS.
We've heard you all loud and clear about launch day mechanics and stresses. In the spirit of evolution, we're giving this a shot. We hope it works out and opens doors for future launch options!
As always, we appreciate your feedback and ideas on how to make this process more straightforward and reliable in the future.